In rainy days or in cold winter nights, nothing feels better than enjoying a hearty soup – more so if it’s vegetable soup.
Vegetable soup carries a lot of benefits as they are rich in nutrients, as various vegetables are packed with many different vitamins and minerals. Vegetables are also a great way to satiate our hunger because at equal calorie count, vegetables would have a bigger serving as compared other food groups. And with its base, vegetable soup is very filling while at the same time, remaining nutritious and healthy.
If you want to learn some nice vegetable soup recipes, here are some from OwlRatings that you should definitely give a try:
Hearty homemade vegetable soup
This vegetable soup makes use of carrots, potatoes, and zucchini as its base ingredients, and elevates it through onion, tomatoes, and celery.
Things you need to make a hearty vegetable soup:
- 4 regular-sized carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini, peeled and sliced (can be replaced with eggplant or cucumber)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into quarters
- 1 vegetable broth cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make a hearty vegetable soup
- Put water in a cooking pot and place all the vegetables
- Once the water is boiling, add vegetable broth cube then put the stove on low hear
- Place the lid and cook up to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft
- Use a hand blender to mix the whole thing to the desired consistency
- Add salt and pepper to the arrive at the desired taste
- Serve hot.
Carrot and ginger soup
This carrot-based recipe makes use of strong flavor of ginger in order to arrive at sumptuous soup that you can enjoy.
Things you need to make a carrot and ginger soup:
- 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 liter water
- Cooking cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make carrot and ginger soup
- Heat oil and cook the onions on medium heat until brown
- Add garlic and ginger and stir for 2 minutes
- Add carrots
- After another 2 minutes, add the water and let boil
- Once the water is boiling, put the stove on low heat then cook covered for 30 minutes or until everything is tender.
- With an electric mixer, mash until smooth.
- Pour cream to arrive at desired creaminess then add salt and pepper to desired taste
- Serve hot.
There are many different vegetable soup recipes that you should try aside from the ones shared above. You can even make soups that involve meat so you can also include protein into your soup. But even without meat, you can come up with nutritious and delicious soups that you can truly enjoy on cold nights or rainy days.
Try out our vegetable soup recipes above, and feel free to explore other vegetables that you can use to substitute some of the ingredients mentioned above, or come up with a vegetable soup recipe by experimenting on various vegetables.