Nowadays, we almost store everything on our digital device like laptops and computers. This makes accessing information much easier than ever before. However, every coin has two sides. Digital files are vulnerable and easy to damage or delete. Is it possible to recover lost files from our hard drives? What can we do if a file is damaged or removed?
A free iTop Data Recovery tool is able to recover files lost for various reasons. Considering that it is difficult to discover the best free data recovery software, we will share the top 10 list to recover lost data witht paying a single penny.
Part 1: Top 5 Free Data Recovery Software for Windows
Top 1: Puran File Recovery
- Ability to recognize more files than other free data recovery software.
- Recover lost partitions if they no longer work.
- Provide a portable form for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Work with Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP.
- This free data recovery tool is free to preview but paid to recover.
Top 3: Glary Undelete
- Pack a user-friendly interface and quite easy to use.
- Provide multiple functions to view lost files, such as Folders, Explore and more.
- View the status of each file to increase the chances of file recovery.
- Compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP.
- The free data recovery software has not been updated for a long time.
- It tries to download additional software during setup and installation.
Top 4: FreeUndelete
- Recover lost files from a variety of storage devices.
- Integrate an intuitive interface and easily find what you want.
- Show all recoverable files individually to increase file recovery success.
- Recover entire folders at once or return selective files.
- Work on Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 / Vista / XP.
- Some custom options are not available in the free version of the data recovery software.
- You cannot preview lost files before recovery.
Top 5: Smart data recovery
- Scan the whole computer and search for lost files.
- Work for internal hard drives, USB devices, memory cards and other removable devices.
- Quickly find deleted files with the direct search function.
- Tell you the probability of recovering files rated Good, Bad, Very Bad or Lost.
- This free data recovery tool will destroy the original folder structure.
- It doesn't work on Mac or Linux.
Part 2: Top 5 Free Mac iTop Data Recovery Software
Top 6: EaseUS Free Data Recovery Wizard
- Backup the scan results to recover lost files later.
- EaseUS Data Recovery works well on Windows and Mac OS X.
- Manage recoverable files by file type, data and name.
- Preview files after scanning for selective recovery.
- This free data recovery program only recovers 500MB of data.
- If you want to restore unlimited data, you need to buy the paid version.