Inflatable tents have become quite a rage among campers looking for quick-to-install tents. While they are certainly not a replacement for traditional outdoor tents, inflatable tents do have certain advantages over the latter.
- Inflatable tents have built-in tubes that become rigid like a tent pole the moment you pump air into them. These air-filled tubes act as the frame of the tent, lending it structural strength and ample rigidity.
- The process of inflating the tubes, or beams – as they are sometimes called – is pretty easy. You just need a pump to fill in the air through the inlet valve, and your tent is ready in no time.
- So, if you are in a hurry to enjoy the outdoors and don’t want to invest much time pitching your tent, the inflatable tent is the accessory for you. Also, if you are someone, who finds the poles of a traditional tent unwieldy, you’ll find the inflatable tent much easier to deal with.
But what about structural stability? Which one’s better – the traditional tent or its inflatable version? This is a hotly debated topic. But our general observation has been the following:
- Good blow-up tents once secured firmly to the ground, will flex and sway in the wind. But that doesn’t necessarily mean structural instability. It is in fact a blessing in disguise because lateral movements actually help the tent absorb a lot of wind pressure, without putting stress on the overall structure.
- It’s also easier to repair inflatable tents. Punctures are easily sealed with kits available in the market or those that come with the tent at the time of purchase.
Now that we have been able to highlight the key features of this innovative new accessory that has taken the camping landscape by storm, let's jump straight to our main topic of discussion – how do you choose a good inflatable tent for your outdoor adventures?
- An outdoor tent of any type needs to have the following attributes for it to qualify as a proper shelter solution:
- Its canopy needs to be made of a material that blocks UV, stops rainwater from getting through, and enables air circulation for campers to stay safe and comfortable inside the tent.
- The tent needs to be durable enough to last for years on end.
- It needs to be cost-effective. Remember being cheap isn’t necessarily the same as being cost-effective. A cheap tent might be easier on the pocket at the time of purchase, but a cost-effective accessory proves to be a blessing in the long run.
Keeping all of the above in mind, how do you choose the perfect inflatable tent that you can take camping anywhere?
1. Canopy Material
Check out the material used to manufacture your blow up canopy tent. High-quality inflatable and promotional tent manufacturers like Extreme Canopy use Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) or thermal-sealed PVC for their inflatable tent canopies. These materials are excellent because –
(a) They are UV and waterproof.
(b) PVC and TPU can be made fire retardants by introducing certain additives during the manufacturing process.
(c) Both materials are extremely durable and cost-effective.
(d) With these materials for tents, customization options are endless. You can ask your tent manufacturer to digitally print anything you want on your accessory, have it in any color combination of your liking, and even get it in a custom shape.
2. Does your tent stay inflated long enough?
There are two key things you need to look for in your inflatable tent for parties or camping when it comes to ensuring that your tent is good enough to maintain sufficient air pressure for a long time.
(a) Does your blow-up tent have an over-pressure relief valve system? This a feature that’s easy to overlook, but important nonetheless. The over-pressure relief valve system ensures that excess air is let off, and keeps the tent at an optimum pressure level always. This prevents the inflatable tubes from rupturing due to excess air pressure.
(b) Does your tent have a sealed frame? Check for leaks in the inflatable tubes. At the time of purchase, inflate your tent fully and see if there’s air escaping from holes in the framework.
(c) It’s always handy to keep a puncture kit around. Quality canopy and event tent manufacturers will often throw in a puncture kit with the package. In case you don’t have one at the time of purchasing your tent, make sure you buy a puncture kit before you go camping.
This is especially crucial to business owners. If you have a brand you want to showcase in tradeshows or exhibitions, you need brand promotion tools. Inflatable tents can serve as excellent brand promotion tools along with being portable shelter solutions.
Make sure you buy your tent from a manufacturer offering tailoring options. Reputed manufacturers like Extreme Canopy are pretty generous when it comes to offering bespoke services to their customers. You have seemingly endless options to choose from.
Ø Need your tent to display your brand logo and slogan? Ask your manufacturer.
Ø Want your tent in a certain color scheme? Why not ask the manufacturer?
Ø Do you have a particular shape in mind for your blow-up tent? Go ahead and ask your tent maker!
They will be happy to oblige.
Check out the EMX Inflatable range from Extreme Canopy. These accessories are made from durable TPU and come with an over-pressure relief valve system for added safety. They also have sealed frames so that you don’t have to keep your electric pump running all the time. All in all, the EMX Inflatable range of promotional tents are excellent value for money.
Inflatable tents are versatile accessories that have made their mark in the outdoor event scene. If you are out in the market for a tent that’s easy to handle, and also serves as a fantastic brand promotion tool, consider buying the inflatable custom tents from a reputed manufacturer like Extreme Canopy.