Multidisciplinary field, Communication design is aimed at creating compelling audio & visual or written messages by combining elements of graphic design, illustration, typography, photography etc. so as to promote a brand, communicate about product or service and engage the right audience, using a range of media vehicles like electronic, digital or print. Communication Designer has to comprehend the client’s communication needs and basis the insights on target audience, cultural context and market etc. create design solutions, effectively converting into sales.
In various disciplines like digital & print media, photography, game design, animation, film making, interaction design, 3D artists, print media, motion graphics etc. Communication Designer has a vital role to play.
- Completion of 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum 50 % aggregate marks in any discipline from an accredited educational board is a pre-requisite for taking entrance exam for this course.
- On passing the relevant entrance exams, there eligible aspirants are allowed to clear the group discussion and interview round.
- In accordance with the merit in 12th Board exams, entrance exam and the group discussion and interview round, aspirants get the opportunity to enrol in the Communication Design Course
- Exceptional creative capabilities along with artistic sensibilities to imagine innovative concepts
- Possess proficiency in computers along with familiarity with different software
- Communication ability to efficiently express and convince others with your point of view. Team player
- Astute observation abilities skills while paying attention to even minutest of details.
- Competent networking skills to enable efficient collaboration with relevant stakeholders and various departments
Communication Design Courses
Communication Design College must tutelage students in the following:
- The college must furnish a professional degree and/or diploma that is acknowledged both nationally as well as internationally, thus enabling students with ample prospects for growth.
- The curriculum must encourage integration of art, communication and technology besides equipping students with capabilities in Design Process, Graphics, Sequential Art, Sketching, Typography, Elements of Photo, Illustration, Video and Animation, Motion Graphics, Branding & Identity Design, Image Processing, and Narration etc. Furthermore the course must help students build abilities, so that they perform with both traditional as well as contemporary digital medium
- The course must ensure that students gain required capabilities that facilitate applying of design principles to diverse communication challenges across a range of forms & types of media. Additionally, students must be mentored in varied research methodologies, so that they have a thorough understanding of populace in their socio-cultural contexts, thus empowering them to not only come up with innovative problem-solving strategies, but also conceptualise effective communication products, systems, services and experiences.
- The curriculum inspires nurturing of originality and conceptual development in students. It equips students with competencies in handling traditional and modern digital & print media. Furthermore, students are taught about building and appraising of different digital products, services and tools.
- It is imperative that Communication Design program offers adequate exposure to students, allowing them gain an understanding of pre-production, production and post-production processes along with different techniques that the professionals employ to communicate impactful stories.
- To prepare students to be job ready, the curriculum must offer them internships and live projects in varied industries such as gaming, advertising, Web/mobile app designing etc. This exposure in multiple working environment will prepare students in developing necessary skills required to succeed in their profession.