Health benefits of turmeric; turmeric; a legendary spice; it is reputed to "bring joy and wisdom." Therefore, it is useful against fatigue and overwork, but also in the treatment of depression and anxiety. Turmeric helps digestion, protects the liver, and helps fight excess cholesterol. It is still particularly effective in relieving babies during teething.
1. Health benefits of turmeric; overview
Turmeric, a type of plant, one of the most popular spices, which people use it in preparing many varieties of food where it is an essential addition to it. We obtain turmeric from the stems of the flower and parts of the plant, which are plucked and dried, distinguished by its yellow and bright color, and is known by its scientific name Iris saffron, which is also called autumn purple saffron.
2. What are the health benefits of turmeric?
Turmeric has many health benefits of which they are as follows:
2.1 Health benefits for internal use
- Tonic: the turmeric fights asthenia, fatigue, and overwork. It also helps in recovery after sports.
- Antidepressant: thanks to the safranal contained in its volatile parts, turmeric acts on the nervous system. It treats insomnia because it is mildly sedative while being valuable in mild depression, stress, anxiety, and emotional fragility.
- Emmenagogue: turmeric is good for the treatment of menstrual pain.
- Tonic, digestive, and hepatic: this spice promotes the liver, especially reducing alcohol effects.
- Hypocholesterolemic: turmeric helps fight against cholesterol excess. It contributes in the prevention of cardiovascular accidents.
2.2 Health benefits for external use
- Analgesic: in massages, turmeric soothes the pain of the gums, and the pains felt during the teething of babies.
3. Health benefits of turmeric; what are the side effects of turmeric?
Generally, turmeric does not present any danger. The advantage of turmeric is its absence of side effects and addiction. However, you need to pay attention to the precautions and contraindications below:
- It is not suitable for individuals allergic to it.
- Turmeric is to avoid during pregnancy or for women who are breastfeeding. Indeed, it can have an abortive effect if you consume it in high doses.
- According to health agencies, it is not recommended for children under 12 years old.
- In case of joint taking of chemical antidepressants, it is advisable to consult your doctor.
- It can theoretically interfere with anti-vitamin K anticoagulants. But this theoretical side is not true in practice.
4. Health benefit of turmeric; how much turmeric should you take a day?
In general, turmeric is safe to use for most people when taken as a spice in food and in moderation, or taken orally as a medicine for up to 6 weeks.
The safe doses of turmeric used to treat some conditions, according to scientific research, are as follows:
- Premenstrual Syndrome: 15 mg of turmeric taken twice daily by mouth.
- Treating depression: 30 mg daily.
- Alzheimer's treatment: 30 mg daily orally.
- Taking a dose of 12 to 20 grams can cause death.
5. Health benefits of turmeric; what is the best way to take turmeric?
You can use turmeric in cooking for the preparation of your dishes.
In cooking, the secret to good use of turmeric is the infusion. Infuse your turmeric filaments in about 5 cl of hot water (or milk, broth, sauce base, etc.) for at least 3 hours. It is better to let it infuse for 24 hours. Then cover the infusion and allow the aroma of turmeric to develop. Then incorporate this infusion into your dish at the end of cooking.
You can also consume turmeric as an infusion at a rate of 1 g per liter of water. Bring to 80 ° and let infuse for 15 minutes. Then take 1 to 3 cups per day.
You can consume turmeric in the form of filaments at the rate of 15 filaments per day. Or you can infuse the crumbled filaments in two yogurts the day before, then consume one yogurt in the morning and the second in the evening.
- Benefits of chickpeas, nutritional value, and side effects
- The ten amazing benefits of brown rice for your body health
- The overactive thyroid gland, causes, symptoms, and treatments
- Health and well-being; how to live in good harmony with your body?
- What is bipolar disorder, what are its causes, symptoms, and treatment?
Originally published on Live Positively.