There is nothing better than a good vegetable soup to warm up and fill up the body with vitamins. Winter soup, summer vegetable soup, hot or cold soup, as many possibilities to delight your family or your guests. Each period of the year gives way to certain varieties of vegetables, which allows you to diversify your soups according to the seasons. In velouté or in small pieces, savor lightly the good vegetable soup recipes of grandmothers!
1. Benefits of vegetable soup for diet
The soup is a convenient food for eating. It is easy to prepare, and usually contains different types of vegetables, and legumes rich in nutrients, and therefore help to eat various foods, which are in one dish. Many studies indicated the benefits of healthy vegetable soup for the body, as it reduces the risk of obesity, and it can also help control the body weight of people who lose weight. One study has shown that people who usually eat soups have a smaller waist than those who do not eat it. They are distinguished by following good eating habits, such as eating proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fiber, with less calories, and fat. According to some studies, the reason why soup help to regulate weight is that it gives a feeling of fullness. This may be due to slow emptying of the stomach, as another study found that eating soup as a type of appetizer can reduce the calories that a person consumes in the subsequent meal by 20%.
Here are some of the various benefits of vegetable soup:
- The vegetable soup contains a large percentage of vitamins and integrated nutrients, as it works to promote heart health and protect it from atherosclerosis and stroke.
- Some researches and studies proved that eating vegetables enhances mental health and treats depression and stress, as well as increases happiness and relaxation.
- Reduces the risk of various cancerous diseases such as prostate, skin, and stomach cancer, as it contains a large amount of vegetables that contain vitamins and antioxidants.
- It helps protecting the digestive system and stomach from cramps, indigestion, and infections, so vegetable soup is considered one of the best foods that are prescribed to treat stomach problems, as it is considered a snack and rich in vitamins and nutrients.
- Vegetable soup provides the equivalent of 2 small glasses of water. Thus, it helps to fight against the dryness due to the heating of the apartments. As much as possible, it is more interesting to favor homemade soups based on fresh or frozen vegetables.
- The soup is the friend of slimming diets. A 250 g plate counts, depending on the recipe, between 50 and 150 kcal. The lightest soups are based on vegetables, without starchy food, and without adding fat. it is always better to add it yourself because the nutritional quality of cheese or cream will be better.
- Vegetable soup is a mine of minerals and anti-fatigue vitamins. Carrots with pumpkin and watercress bring beta-carotene. With green beans or zucchini, it is full of magnesium. In tomato, it is a concentrate of lycopene, a super antioxidant. And the cabbage soup is a concentrated mineral; you can add grilled almonds just before serving; they bring good fats but also 19 minerals and trace elements.
Below our vegetable soup recipes that are worth trying, especially if you are on diet.
2. Vegetable soup recipes
2.1 Homemade vegetable soup
- 4 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 2 potatoes
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- Salt pepper
- Peel and cut the carrots, zucchini, and potatoes.
- Clean and chop the celery stalk.
- Also, clean and pat the fresh tomato. Cut it into quarters.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Place all the vegetables in a cooking pot and cover them with water.
- Add the vegetable broth cube and place the cooking pot on low heat.
- Cover the cooking pot and cook for 40 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, mix more or less the vegetable soup using a hand blender according to the consistency you want. Salt and pepper the soup.
- Serve the mixed vegetable soup immediately in bowls or soup plates.
- Enjoy it hot, sprinkled with toasted bread croutons
2.2 Carrot and ginger soup
One kilogram of peeled and chopped carrots.
- 1.tablespoon of fresh and chopped ginger.
- Medium chopped onion.
- A teaspoon of mashed garlic.
- 1 liter and a quarter of water.
- 92 milligrams of cooking cream.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil. A Pinch of salt. And a pinch of black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and brown the onions for five to seven minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for two minutes, then put carrots, and after two minutes, pour the water.
- When the mixture boils, cover the pot and leave on low heat for thirty minutes until the ingredients are tender.
- Mash the soup using an electric mixer until smooth mixture. Pour the cream, then sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
Here are some examples of healthy vegetable soup:
Moroccan lentil soup. Pumpkin curry soup. Spinach, broccoli, and quinoa soup….
- What is the healthy diet for different diabetes types?
- 14 Easy Cooking Tips for Meat and Poultry Slow Cooker Recipes
- What are the common mistakes while cooking chicken breasts?
Originally published on Live Positively.