The Greek salad dressing is fresh, tasty, and easy to prepare. Its taste is much better than the other sauce that you can get from stores. Prepare and store it in your fridge for multiple uses.
A Greek salad won’t make a sense without a drizzle of Greek salad dressing on top. But you may be wrong if you think that the Greek salad dressing goes only with the Greek salad. Indeed, the Greek salad dressing is good for many other salads.
1. What’s inside a Greek salad dressing?
A traditional Greek salad dressing contains olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, oregano, and garlic.
2. Nutritional value of Greek salad dressing
Per serving of 2 tablespoons:
3. How to make Greek salad dressing?
3.1 Greek salad dressing recipe
- 1/2 Olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add the salad ingredients and mix well, then serve.
Now that we have the Greek salad dressing recipe let’s talk a bit about the Greek salad.
4. Nutritional value of Greek salad
It contains vitamins A, B, C, D, and E, and a small percentage of starches. A little saturated fat, and only a small percentage of harmful cholesterol. The Greek salad is also rich in acid folic, which carries many benefits for pregnant women. Besides, it contains plant proteins, mineral salts, and carbohydrates.
5.The benefits of Greek salad
– It contains the most important elements that help to increase appetite.
– Very useful for diabetics; because it doesn’t contain high levels of calories. It works to increase the strength of immunity in the body as it contains a lot of vitamin C.
– It is one of the best means to maintain the level of blood pressure, due to the lack of substances that cause high blood pressure, and this power is one of the substances that reduce the absorption of salts in the human body and get rid of salt with waste.
– It is of great benefit to the stomach because it contains vinegar, which is one of the necessary materials for the intestine and stomach.
– Full of fibers, as it prevents constipation and is useful for digestion.
– Calm the nerves.
– Contain antioxidants that help to prevent cancers and tumors.
– Very beneficial for the skin.
– Very useful for stomach acidity.
– It contains nutrients that prevent indigestion and soften the intestine.
6. The traditional Greek salad
For a good Greek salad, you need to have the good ingredients
Ingredients (4 persons):
- ½ cucumber
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 200 g of feta
- 100 g of black olives
- 1 red onion
Ingredients of the Greek salad dressing (sauce):
- Olive oil
- Wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Cloves of garlic
- Salt and black pepper
Wash the vegetables.
Cut the cucumber into small dice.
Cut the tomatoes into “small bites.”
Cut the pepper into strips and cut them into small pieces.
Cut the onion into thin strips.
Take the olives out of their brine and let them drip for a few minutes.
Put tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, and olives in a bowl, and drizzle with the Greek salad dressing.
Preparation of the dressing sauce:
In a bowl chop 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, pour the equivalent of a large spoonful of mustard.
Add salt, black pepper, and oregano
Add about half a glass of olive oil
Stir with a fork, then add quarter glass of wine vinegar, and a quarter glass of lemon juice
Pour your salad dressing in your salad bowl, stir the vegetables, and then add your coarsely cut feta and the onion strips on top.
- Chicken pasta recipes
- How to prepare shrimp?
- Fish soup, mother of many qualities
- The right way for perfect fried potatoes
- How to prepare a crispy chicken in the oven?
Originally published on Live Positively.