Google Artificial Intelligence is a self-learning computer that computes and handles algorithms in real-time; its primary purpose is to simulate intelligence. This branch is often referred to as AI; it is used in many different ways in our lives, from shopping to health care, connectivity, and safety. Google Artificial Intelligence, as a significant contributor in the growth and development of these domains, decided to invest in a selection of projects to enhance the machine learning and create many products to facilitate further the daily tasks related to each of those domains.
1. Google AI projects
Google AI started in 2015, and since then, it grew to be a multimillion-dollar program with a large staff and budget. That was the main goal to be achieved through the careful thinking and management of different revolutionary projects. They aim at making navigating everyday tasks more accessible, as well as dealing with connectivity issues on an online basis where the computing software can teach itself the These include:
1.2 Google Assistant
- One of the essential breakthroughs in smartphone technology and the virtual interface is Google Assistant, a virtual intelligence unit designed for smartphones and smart home devices, and it acts as a moderator for the google ecosystem and a product that aims to nullify the effort put into smartphone usage. It started as a part of the Google AI program, but it quickly became a standalone project with the help of Google software. It is capable of receiving questions and answering them in real-time through a selection of algorithmic choices based on previous encounters with the many users, where it memorizes the preferences of the user in the cloud and functions accordingly. You can find google assistant in any product that runs Android OS or any Google AI product. When plugged to a Google Home or a chrome cast, the google assistant can receive voice commands across the room and play music, videos, browse the internet and even set alarms and respond to messages on the mobile phone. It all happens in real-time interactively. Google says that it will take some time to perfect this technology and even more for the users to get used to it. But one thing is for sure; it is shaping up to be the future of our cognitive thinking process and interactive technology.
- In recent years, Google’s assistant updated a service called Google Duplex. This virtual interactive system works with Google AI engine to perform daily calls and take them.one of Googles CEOs introduced it in 2018 during the Google developers conference, where they showcased its ability to perform calls to book flights, doctor appointments, and so on, without alerting the receiver to the fact of its nature. For now, Google is keeping this service limited to the United States only, but they are planning a world release soon. If this technology goes on to other aspects of life, it will undoubtedly become a vital component of tomorrow’s world.
1.3 Google Lens
- Google Lens is one of the more recent projects in the Google AI program; it deals mainly with image recognition and camera optimization on Android devices. Its primary goal is to identify the main object the camera is focusing on and shed light on it by giving its name and showing the results of a search on the Google platform. It can also enhance the colors and the contrast in the main camera application, according to the object. This process takes place in the phone through something google calls virtual analysis in a neural network. What that all means is that Identifying areas, products, animals, and even people will be as simple as pulling out a smartphone and pointing it towards the subject.
1.4 Google search engine
- All of the above before sits on top of the Google framework that we call the search engine or as it is more commonly known Google. A cloud service that supports saving and sharing information and data, the most used and intricate search engine worldwide. More than 5 billion people search on Google every day. Artificial intelligence helps the system filter the search results and give the user the benefit of knowing their preferences, as well as navigate through these searches. In some situations, the engine can predict the search question before the user continues typing it. That is possible because of its knowledge of the search history, and the number searched conducted on the topic.
2. Pros and cons of Google Artificial Intelligence
- this day and age, humans use technology for almost everything, and it became a motivating driver to humanity. As a part of this vital role, Google AI brings with it a variety of benefits and imperfections. It creates a thin line between the two in the sense that users of this technology often find themselves letting go of daily chores in favor of AI taking care of them.
- To have more time in a day to attend to other matters rather than wasting it with an activity that can be done by simple voice commands.
- The ease of use and the compatibility of many Google AI products, weather in the smartphone outdoors, or inside the house makes for a suitable interface experience.
- The speed by which the AI can react to the user may nullify anxiety issues.
- The ability to use voice as the central controller may help people with particular difficulties navigate their life more comfortable.
- The heavy usage of this technology may lead to procrastination or, in extreme cases, even health issues in some cases.
- The growth of intelligence might create an AI that realizes its existence and may even reach an awareness.
- As is the case with any technology that becomes viral, the fear of its implementation in warfare and military purposes is a fact.
Google, as a company, has contributed a lot to the growing spread of AI and making it mainstream. It is a certainty that artificial intelligence is the future of interactive technology, so much so that other major companies such as Amazon, Apple, Samsung, and other tech developers are jumping in on this trend. Whether it is a wise decision is a question that only time can answer.
- What are the six technologies that are changing the healthcare sector?
- The impact of technology on children
- Technology advancement and its importance in our life
- Technical skills; and in which fields they are used?
- Remote healthcare; when technology meets healthcare
Originally published on Live Positively.