The philosophy of education is, above all, a question, not a body of knowledge, but a questioning of everything we know or think we know about education.
1. What is the philosophy of education?
The philosophy of education depends on synchronizing the educational process with the surrounding educational challenges. It is also called the philosophy of education because it focuses on the educational aspect of a child who acquires his skills from education. And the skills he receives in school and places of learning where his capabilities and knowledge grow soundly based on a clear educational, scientific basis.
The philosophy of education is the application of the method and approach of philosophy to education, because of its role in defining the path for the process of education, and contributing to its modification, criticism, and coordination to keep pace with problems and cultural conflicts. The philosophy of education represents the effort used in implementing philosophical ideas in the environment of education, or seeking to spread the view of general philosophy within the components of education, and then searches for values and knowledge, criticizes the existing assumptions, and contributes to providing coordination for educational processes, and make them keep pace with the problems of society.
2. What is the relationship between philosophy and education?
There is a strong relationship between philosophy and education. Many philosophers, during the modern, middle, and ancient ages, were interested in studying philosophy at the beginning of their lives and then completing their studies in the philosophy of education. The philosopher Socrates said that education and philosophy are two aspects that differ from one another on one subject. One of them constitutes the philosophy of life, while the other clarifies the method of applying philosophy within the affairs and conditions of life. As philosophy represents the explained effort for theoretical and intellectual issues, while education represents the scientific environment that translates issues into several skills, habits, and attitudes.
Education is a means of promoting educational values, principles, and skills in all moral and physical aspects in the early stages of human life, and the interest of researchers in the field of education has led to the emergence of more than one term in this field, including the philosophy of education. Education is one of the main pillars of building any society with values and knowledge. Hence, education came in its philosophical concept.
Philosophy without relying on education becomes a set of theories of a rigid nature, while education cannot abandon philosophy. Because of its need to build a complete view of society’s goals and human life; In order to be able to prepare educational issues based on the use of a holistic view, it is possible to summarize the relationship between philosophy and education according to the following points:
- Helping to understand the types of human activities and the educational process.
- Promote an understanding and awareness of the relationship between the domains of life and educational work.
- The philosophy of education is based on several main assumptions, and it contributes to achieving the organization of educational thought.
3. The importance of philosophy of education
The importance of philosophy of education is illustrated according to the following:
– The philosophy of education is a major base upon which educational institutions depend. This philosophy contributes to the identification of educational tools, methods, and means; in other words, it contributes to defining educational policy, building a system for education, teaching aids and curriculum components and objectives, evaluation principles, and administrative organization principles.
– The philosophy of education helps clarify the nature of educational activities and convert them from random activities into clear and aware jobs of the goals required of them.
– The philosophy of education promotes harmony between the environment and the individual. This enhances educational applications’ response to environmental conditions and provides assistance to individuals to change their environment.
-The philosophy of education contributes to the awareness of the work involved in the educational process and the link between the areas of life and educational work.
– The philosophy of education enhances the ability to ask and prepare questions related to education, support implementation, research, build modern intellectual methods to support educational growth, and eliminate the contradiction between the applied and practical sides in the educational field.
– The philosophy of education provides assistance to teachers. To understand the concepts of education, build a general idea of educational programs, and support participation in criticism and dialogue.
- Information Technology: Definition
- The influence of travel on life experience
- Computer Science VS Computer Engineering
- Positive behavior in determining the personality
- Image technology: photo recognition and image processing
Originally published on Live Positively.