The speed of technology in communication and its use is unprecedented. These new technologies bring immense benefits that are unquestioned, and thanks to these new technologies, it is easier to communicate, exchange, and disseminate information. In the health sector, it isn't easy to imagine needing the many possibilities offered by these technologies, whether it is to interact quickly in a clinical context, share information, consult colleagues, or share their expertise.
1. Technology communication meaning, what is meant by communication technology?
Communication technologies include the techniques, tools, and methods used to facilitate communications. It concerns the telephone, multimedia, Internet, e-mail, and other communication means. Specialists in communication technology design technical systems of communication, depending on a particular business or industry's needs.
2. What is the importance of communication technology?
- Communication technology plays an effective role in achieving the ambitious plans of many businessmen working in the field of modern business through the high-quality characteristics that it includes and the speed of communication.
- It also contributes to the completion of a lot of work in a very short time; through one message via e-mail, it is possible to approve and reject the request directed by the competent authority to the party which requests.
- It radically changed the way or the way in which work is done in general, as well as the way of life and communication between people, and the greater importance in communication between businessmen and some of them that helped in the existence of different fields of work linking countries to each other in an easier way by using new communication technology.
Achieve a great deal of speed in decision-making and ease of follow-up of work in high concentration cases of those in charge of work.
- It saves a lot of time and effort, which was a burden on the shoulders of many investors, as it helped reduce the volume of losses that were occurring before the existence of the modern capabilities included in modern means of communication.
3. What are the new communication technologies?
3.1 IP communication
Relying on a fast, secure, and modern communication network is very important for companies and people who work in this globalized world. Hence the emergence of new communication technology, namely, IP communication, uses digital data, a protocol for telephony over the Internet, allowing calls, data transmission, and conferences in a secure and low-cost manner.
This is a new way of exchanging information, including telephone calls, which previously went over a public network, which resulted in high communication costs.
3.2 THz frequencies: Where positioning and imaging meet with communication
The breaking of the 6 GHz ceiling has become a defining characteristic of 5G. But what can we say? It's boring now. Besides, vast horizons of idle bandwidth had long-awaited designers brave enough to face the challenges posed by these millimeter-wave frequencies: small antenna openings, lack of obstacle diffraction, rain, and atmospheric snow attenuation, the power consumption of devices, cost, etc. Researchers are now beginning to investigate the even higher frequency boundary between 100 GHz and 1 THz, where the problems mentioned above become even more taxing. Still, the promises also multiply: their small wavelength makes these frequencies ideal for high-resolution positioning and even crude imaging, in addition to even wider swaths of free bandwidth. If this mix of possibilities is fruitful, short-range systems, vehicular networks, or drone-to-drone networking applications await.
3.3 New technology in communication; Social sharing vs. the e-mail
Little by little, e-mail is giving way to social sharing. Companies are indeed turning more and more to internal social platforms (CSR, collaborative intranet) and tend to reduce, or even eliminate, the use of e-mail within the company. A "Zero E-mail" trend started by Atos boss Thierry Breton in February 2011. At GE, company messages are no longer sent by e-mail but posted on the corporate social network called Colab, says Alexandra. Abrams, Marketing and Communication Manager at GE Capital Americas. Instead of e-mail, GE posts messages to groups on the Colab network. GE has created internal collaboration software on a Cisco platform that allows employees to create groups. "Each post sent to a group generates an e-mail notification. However, employees can define whether they prefer to receive these notifications daily or weekly for all groups to which they belong,
3.4 New technology in communication; Dynamic display: going beyond the live TV program
Dynamic display in reception and in the common areas of companies is no longer limited to the simple broadcast of the live TV program to distract employees and visitors. These spaces have become strategic places to disseminate external and internal messages. Digital signage has changed a lot. It now contains corporate messages, live stock market prices, and even today's weather forecast. According to Adrian Cotterill, editor-in-chief of Daily DOOH, a blog dedicated to the dynamic display industry, the trend is for the increased use of screens integrated into walls and furniture within the company.
- The staple for the technology of the future
- Business Communication; definition, types, and characteristics
- Informational technology examples, and their importance in communication
Originally published on Live Positively.