Making homemade Ketchup is easy! It takes a little while, but it's nothing complicated.An indispensable ingredient of the hamburger, ideal accompaniment for fries or pasta, Ketchup divides as much as it fascinates. Let's take a look at this tomato puree that has been around the world.
Nutritional value of homemade Ketchup
How to make homemade Ketchup?
Do it yourself; it is possible and easy to make your Ketchup.The real homemade recipe for Ketchup includes; tomato puree, onion, paprika, pepper, brown sugar, cloves, tomato juice, tomato sauce, chili, and mustard.
Homemade ketchup recipe
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 1kg of onions
- 500 g powdered brown sugar
- 40 cl vinegar
- 1 small pepper
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 4 cloves
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns
- 1 tsp of paprika
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes, cut them in half, and lightly press them to seed them.Crush their flesh and put it in a large saucepan.Peel and chop the onions, add them to the pan.2. Place the pan on a low heat and cook for 30 min, stirring occasionally.Then pass the contents of the pan to the vegetable mill.Return the tomato puree, thus obtained to the pan.3. Cut the pepper in half lengthwise and seed it.Put the peppercorns and the cloves in a muslin.Immerse it in the pan, add the chili, vinegar, and sugar.Simmer the tomato puree for 2 hours, stirring regularly.4. After this time, remove the muslin and the chili.Add the mustard and paprika, salt, stir, and continue cooking for 30 min.Divide the Ketchup into pots or bottles, let cool well and seal.
Related: The benefits of strawberries for the body
How to conserve homemade Ketchup
For a homemade Ketchup, you have to place it in an airtight jar, and once it is cool, it will last a month without worries. For longer conservation, mix your preparation of homemade Ketchup still hot before bringing it to the boil again, then putting it in sterilized jars with a screw that you will turn over during cooling.
The health and nutritional benefits of Ketchup
Tomatoes have many health benefits. We did not know that transformed tomatoes, can also contribute to our well-being. Even in the form of Ketchup!Scientists at the Spanish University of Valencia have shown in a study, that cooked tomatoes help fight cancer.According to the researchers, regular consumption of tomatoes processed by cooking, and therefore also in the form of Ketchup, lowers the risk of developing several types of cancer. The effect of probiotics is said to be better than when eating raw tomatoes.Moreover, Ketchup remains a much less oily sauce than many others, mayonnaise, for example. Ketchup can, therefore, be considered a relatively balanced sauce and easy to integrate from time to time in a slimming and healthy diet, although its sugar content can still be considered too high. For information, there are, on average, 112 calories per 100 grams of Ketchup, only a few traces of lipids and 26 grams of carbohydrates, mainly fast sugars that should not be abused. There are usually no added preservatives or colorings.Besides its nutritional benefits, the Ketchup has other benefits for the body. It can be used as a mask for hair to increase shine and luster and treat split ends because it contains minerals and anti-oxidants.It may be used as a skin mask, for smoothness, regenerating the cells, and preventing signs of aging, thanks to Its content of vitamin A and anti-oxidants.Ketchup is a little treat that can be enjoyed from time to time during a meal. Its consumption in a reasonable quantity is completely acceptable, in particular for the children who often appreciate its taste and thus accept more easily to eat vegetables or meat.All the same, you should be aware of its richness in sugars, which can actually be harmful - especially for people with diabetes or people who cannot do without Ketchup. To indulge yourself without counting, choose your Ketchup well: favor those with the highest content in tomato sauce and compare the amounts of sugar well, and of course, it is much better to consume homemade Ketchup.
- What is Soy sauce?
- The technology of WW1
- What are legumes food?
- The benefits of drinking water
- What are the most important health benefits of cumin?
Originally published on Live Positively.