1. Healthy profile of chicken breast
Chicken breast provide a dozen vitamins and minerals, which makes it an essential daily food. Chicken breast is rich in phosphorus (480mg / 100gr), which is one of the most present and fundamental minerals in the body because it is part of the composition of the membranes of our cells, zinc essential for immune reactions, selenium; antioxidant, iron; oxygenation and nervous system. Chicken breasts provide many vitamins such as vitamins B3, B6, and B2.
2. Chicken breast nutrition info; rich in protein
The cooked chicken breast's weight is about 172 grams and contains 54 grams of protein, meaning that protein makes up 31% of the total weight of the cooked chicken breast. It is a high percentage that makes chicken breast one of the most common foods among athletes, especially for bodybuilders who need Intense amounts of protein to build muscle.Related: The number of calories in cooked chicken breast
3. Chicken breast nutrition info; calories
All meat and poultry, including chicken, do not contain carbohydrates, and chicken, in particular, contains a small amount of fat in comparison with meat, which makes it low in calories. Each part has a different number of calories than the other, so the calories in a chicken thigh differ from the number of calories in wings; the same is true for the number of calories in chicken breast.3 ounces of skinless and boneless chicken breast contains 90 calories, but if the skin is present, the number of calories increases by 25-30% because there is a high-fat content in the skin. Also, cooking and preparation methods may affect the number of calories in chicken breasts, as the use of frying or adding fats when cooking increases the calories.When calculating the number of calories in cooked chicken breast skinless and boneless, which weighs 172 grams, we find 284 calories, 53.4 grams of protein, 6.2 grams of fat, and this means that 80% of the calories in chicken breasts come from protein, 20% of the remaining calories come from fat.196 grams of cooked chicken breast with the skin contains 386 calories, 58.4 grams protein, 15.2 grams fat, meaning that 50% of the calories come from protein and 50% from fat, meaning that eating a chicken breast with the skin leads to an increase of 100 calories.
4. Chicken breast nutrition info; vitamins
Chicken breast is rich in these vitamins:Vitamin B2 and B3: Chicken breast is a good source of vitamin B3 or niacin, as 4 ounces of chicken breast gives 14.41 mg or 72% of the daily value required for vitamin B3.Vitamin B5: 4 cooked ounces of chicken breast gives 1.06 mg or 10% of the daily value required for vitamin B5.Vitamin B6: 4 ounces of chicken breast gives 0.64 mg, which is 32% of the daily value of vitamin B6. Which is very important for energy metabolism and which takes care of blood vessels.Vitamin A derivatives (lycopene and beta-carotene) protect eye health and help keep the skin in good condition.
5. Chicken breast nutrition info
- Chicken breast is rich in tryptophan, an amino acid that helps secrete serotonin, which produces a feeling of well-being and is a precursor to melatonin or the sleep hormone.
- It is rich in iron, necessary for the good oxygenation of the blood. Iron is best absorbed in the presence of vitamin C, so serving chicken with a green salad or finishing your meal with a citrus dessert may be a great idea.
- It is low in sodium but high in potassium, so it balances fluids in the body and promotes muscle contraction.
- It provides phosphorus, which makes it good for the bones, the functioning of the kidneys and the liver, and the central nervous system and zinc, which helps to strengthen the immune system.
- It also contains selenium, a mineral very involved in the metabolism and the work of the thyroid gland. It is also an antioxidant, so it slows down cell aging.
- It is rich in calcium, a chicken breast with the skin contains about 13 mg of calcium, and a skinless chicken breast contains 5 mg of calcium.
- A skinless chicken breast contains 23 mg of magnesium, whereas a chicken breast with the skin contains 22 mg.
6. Chicken breast nutrition info; recommendations
Chicken breast is good for:
- Young children with a still weak digestive system.
- Sick or older people, due to its digestibility.
- Athletes (protein after training) for its contribution to muscular work and recovery.
- People with high blood pressure due to its low salt content.
- Slimming diets because it is light and prevents water retention.
- Light and nutritious dinners, because tryptophan promotes restful sleep.
- How to cook chicken breast in the oven?
- How to easily prepare chicken breasts in the air fryer?
- How many calories in chicken; breasts, thighs, wings, and others?
Originally published on Live Positively.