Nothing could be better than a successful chicken in the oven. But do you know the mystery ingredient that allows you to have a crispy skin? Follow our tips and recipes to have a delicious and tasty cooked chicken in the oven.
1. Chicken in the Oven
The chicken in the oven is a favorite among many, as it is distinguished by its delicious taste, in addition to the ease of preparing it. It is considered light and low-calorie dish; it can be served as a main and distinctive dish in feasts beside white rice or with different salads. Keep reading below to learn more about how to prepare several delicious types of chicken in the oven.
2. Tips for a good chicken in the oven
2.1 The right temperature of the oven
Like all white meats, baked chicken should be cooked to the core. To avoid stiffening the flesh, start cooking in a cold oven. Concretely, it involves putting the lemon-rubbed and seasoned chicken in the oven, then turning on the oven. The best option, if you have time, is to start gentle and long cooking at 140 ° C for at least an hour per 500g of chicken. Before, to grill the skin. Observe your chicken during this operation so as not to burn it.
2.2 Well browned chicken, well basted chicken
To have a soft and crispy chicken, we recommend to baste it regularly with the juice made during cooking. To make sure you have the juice, pour a small glass of broth into the dish when placing your poultry in the oven. Think of the convenient pears or juice pipettes. On the other hand, stop watering at the end of cooking so that the skin can dry and become crisp.
2.3 Wipe the chicken
Chicken is naturally covered with a slight humidity, especially if it has been in your fridge for a few days. Discard the returned water and pat all the chicken dry by tapping it inside and out with paper towels. This will allow it to be crispier.
3. Recipes for chicken in the oven
3.1 Chicken in the oven with lemon
- 1 kg of chicken.
- 2 tablespoons to three lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon of salt. a quarter teaspoon of black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- A teaspoon of paprika.
- 1 small spoon of dry basil.
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric. 2 to 3 tablespoons of corn oil.
– Heat the oven at a temperature of two 200° Celsius. Fix the middle net shelf, bring the special tray of the chicken, wash the chicken well and drain it to get rid of the remaining water with it, rub the chicken with lemon juice, then massage the chicken gently, and leave it aside.
– Add the ingredients: Salt, pepper, tomato paste, mayonnaise, paprika, basil, turmeric, olive oil, and mix the ingredients very well.
– Spread the seasoning on the inside and outside of the chicken well, put some lemon salt or cinnamon in the chicken tray with some water. This will give a pleasant smell and will prevent the chicken from sticking to the tray as well.
– Grease the chicken with some oil and put it in the oven tray for thirty to forty minutes, until the chicken is red on the outside and cooked from the inside.
– Re-grease the chicken with oil if you find that it dries inside the oven before it ripens.
3.2 The best and simple recipe for chicken in the oven
- One medium chicken
- 1/2 tbs of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 1/4 tsp of rosemary
- 1/2 finely chopped garlic
- 1 peeled clove of garlic
- 1/2 of lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
– Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. In a small bowl, mix the oil, thyme, rosemary, and chopped garlic well.
– Rinse the cavity and the outside of the chicken, dry it with a paper towel. Fold the wings under the chicken and carefully remove the skin from the breasts. Rub the flesh below the skin with the oil mixture as well as the cavity and the outside of the chicken. Put the garlic cloves and the lemon in the cavity. Tie the legs together. Salt and pepper.
– Place the chicken on the grill pan. Roast for an hour. Remove from the oven and tilt the chicken in the broiler pan so that the juice escapes from the cavity. Drizzle with juice and return the chicken to the oven.
– To finish; Place the chicken in a serving dish and let stand for 15 minutes. Cut and serve with rice, fries, etc. To reduce fat, avoid eating the skin.
- How to make easy chocolate biscuits?
- The real health benefits of lemon juice
- How to prepare and use a Bechamel sauce?
- Cooked chicken breasts; methods and techniques
- What are the common mistakes while cooking chicken breasts?
Originally published on Live Positively.