The salad dish is one of the most important dishes that should be available alongside the main meals at your table. Our salad for today is egg and avocado salad, which is perfect for changing egg salads that are usually packed with mayonnaise. You'll certainly love it. Follow our different egg and avocado salad recipes.
1. Information about Avocado fruit
Avocados are creamy and grow in areas with a warm environment. This fruit is known by other names such as; Alligator pear or butter fruit. What distinguishes it from other types of fruit is that it contains a good amount of monounsaturated fatty acids. It is worth noting that avocado fruits are classified as fruits due to their growth on trees, and they belong specifically to the berries because they contain a layer of thick pulp and a large individual seed.
2. Information about eggs
Eggs are among the food sources that a person consumes for thousands of years, and they have several types, but chicken eggs are the most common of these types. Egg yolk, albumin, inner cortex membrane, outer cortex membrane, air cell, and cortex, and the yolk make up about a third of the egg’s content, while the egg makes up about two-thirds of the egg’s content.
3. Nutritional information on egg and avocado salad
4. Egg and avocado salad recipes
4.1 Egg, and avocado salad with tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 30 ml (2 tbs) of fresh chopped chives
- 2 thinly sliced Avocados
- 24 cherry tomatoes of various colors cut in half
- 4 slices of thinly sliced Prosciutto
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Minced fresh basil (Optional)
- Salt and pepper
1- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Refresh under cold water and peel.
2- In a bowl, mix the herbs with the olive oil and lemon juice. Salt and pepper.
3- Add the avocados and tomatoes, then stir. Then garnish with egg slices and Prosciutto.
4.2 Light egg and avocado salad
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fine Dijon mustard
- 1/3 diced onion
- A pinch of salt
1- Dice the hard-boiled eggs, mix half an avocado with a fork
2- Put the mustard, salt, juice of 1/4 lemon and mix
3- Put the diced onions and mix
4- Put the rest of the avocado, mix everything, and then serve with chives on bread or cucumbers.
4.3 Egg and avocado salad
This salad is a healthy alternative to the well-known classic white salad and is easy to prepare in advance! It's a quick breakfast for the morning or a perfect snack for lunch.
- Tortilla bread, or toast bread
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and without seed
- Green lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black peppercorn, to taste
- A little red pepper, (paprika)
- Use a fork to puree avocado in a bowl, then add green lemon juice and mix them well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You can add more green lemon juice if you like.
- In another bowl, mash the boiled eggs a little with a fork to keep the pieces a little big.
- Add the avocado to the egg mixture and mix well. Taste the mixture from time to time to make sure it tastes - especially the spices!
- Finally, put some egg and avocado salad in the center of the tortilla, sprinkle a little red pepper on top, and wrap it well.
- You can replace the tortilla with toast bread, or serve it separately in a dish.
4.4 Soft-boiled egg and avocado salad
Ingredients: for 6 people
- 6 fresh eggs
- 3 ripe but firm avocados
- 3 handfuls of young shoot salads
- Lemon juice
- 1 dash of olive oil
- A few drops of green Tabasco
- Salt and pepper
- Salt flower
- Cook the eggs in boiled salted water for 5 minutes, 30 minutes after the boiling point. As soon as they are cooked, throw away the water, refresh them, and let them soak in very cold water.
- Meanwhile, wash the young shoots several times with clean water and then dry or gently wring them out.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone, remove the flesh with a spoon and coarsely crush it with a large knife. Sprinkle it with the lemon juice so that it does not darken, salt, pepper, add a few drops of tabasco and sprinkle with a good drizzle of olive oil.
- To finish, remove the egg shells, cut them in half and serve them with the crushed avocado, sprinkled with a few leaves of young shoots sprinkled with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt flower.
- How to make hamburgers at home?
- Fish soup, mother of many qualities
- The secret recipes of roasted chicken
- Baby’s food recipes from 6 to 12 months
- Cooked chicken thighs; delicious recipes to try
Originally published on Live Positively.